A good car seat should be every parent’s first priority. Because at the end of the child’s safety is the most and accordingly every parent should consider car seats which is very safe. Basically there are three types of car seats and whichever is compatible for your nature should be used. For example your car seat should go with your vehicle, should adopt your child and lastly price. However, it is really important to choose a good car seat which also needs to be installed correctly to your vehicle. According to a survey conducted, 80% of the child seats are not correctly installed which is very risky to your child.
While choosing a car seats we should consider every aspects. For example a car seat are expensive so you should choose a car seat which last long and is flexible where your child can grow into it. If this is your first car seat then do a little research about different kinds of car seats. There are convertible car seats, Infant car seats and Booster seats. You’ll have a plenty of option to choose on which car seat to choose considering every aspects such as price, safety etc. After that do choose whichever is suitable for you because a good car seats requires many options.
All the car seat production company are required to fulfill the law. The basic safety standard is 30 mph crash. Any car seat should hold up a 30 mph crash and this is the law of the production companies only. The law applies to the parents too. The child should be in a car seat which he/she until they are 135cm or 4ft 5 in tall or 12 years old. Hence after that the children should wear a seatbelt.
How to Choose a Good car seat | Car Seat Buying Guide
Considering all the aspects such as safety moves, price and many more what does really matter is your child’s safety and comfort for your child and lastly that fits tightly in your car. Finding such car seat is very overwhelming. So these are the different types of car seats you need to consider while choosing a car seat.
- Infant Car Seat: As the name suggests this car seat is the best of a newborns and small babies. The Car Seat can be installed only on rear-facing position which is very convenient though. The car seat can used for children weighing from 4lbs to 40. However, all babies should be in the rear-facing position until they’re 2 years old. Previously it used to be 15 months old or until they’re weighed 9kg or so.
The price range of an infant car seat varies from different brands to brands. It goes somewhat like this from $80 to $500. The most popular model nowadays is having an infant car seat with a five-point harness which leaves you with excessive pros. So here are going to discuss some pros and cons of an infant car seats.
– Easy to adjust and remove it from the car itself.
– An excellent choice for a new born baby with a good fit.
– Can or often be attached to a stroller.
– These car seats are small and easily attached to the car.
– Provides a sound sleep to the baby even when the trip is done.
– The lifespan of this car seat is very limited.
– If you want to detach and move it you choice is limited.
– These car seats are usually used for the first year of the baby as the infant seats weight range is from 22-35 pounds.
– It is heavy to carry around.
- Convertible Car Seats: Without a doubt convertible car seats are one of the best baby gear or car seats available out there. Designed according to age, sizes of baby among other types of car seat, the most compatible and flexible car seat has to be Convertible Car seats because it has high life span, flexible for any age group and are very adjustable.
For some parents who choose infant car seats, if your child is growing out of it then convertible car seats are the best replacement. There are way too many options when compared to other car seats. There are a lot of top brands featuring convertible car seats. These seats can be installed both ways i.e. rear way or forward facing meaning the child can ride on the car seat for longer period of time. The Car Seat should be installed in the rear-facing position for children who weighs less than 20 lbs. However these car seats can be used for rear-facing position weighing up to 40-50 lbs. The price range varies from brands to brands but the average price range goes from $40 to $450. Let’s discuss some pros and cons of convertible car seats:
– The seat can be used for longer period of time in which your baby can easily grow into.
– The seat have the capacity of holding higher weights.
– If you purchase convertible car seats you don’t need to purchase infant car seat because this seat work both ways.
– The seat does not recline as infant car seat does.
– The seats are bigger than infant seats.
– The small newborns may not fit as the seats are bigger.
– These seats are usually expensive but worth the price.
- Booster Seat:After your baby grows out of infant, convertible seats it’s time for your child to switch to booster seat. So what’s exactly a booster seat? When your child outgrows both weight and height of forward-facing harness it’s time to use booster seat. Usually booster seats are used when your child turns 4 years. But it is not necessary to change just because your child is 4 years old. A parent should consider both height and weight before doing so.
It is important for children to use seat belts but still not the seat belt of a car though. So at this stage it is necessary to use booster seats. Now you know the main purpose of this kind of seats. The safest way to use this seat is to use it in the back seat of your car. The seat raises up the child in the car making it easy to fit the seat belt correctly. Here are some factors to be considered while purchasing a booster seat. Firstly make sure to select the one which uses auto’s lap and shoulder belts. The price range of a booster car seats goes from $13 to $300. So here are some pros and cons of Booster Seats.
– These seats are very easy to fold which allows any parent to use the seat in a reliable manner.
– It provides both comfort and safety to your child.
– The built in booster seats of any car don’t provide any side impact protection.
– The booster car seats have height and weight limitation.
– There are no rear-facing options.
- Toddler Car Seat: Best use of Toddler seats are when a child who are 2 years and have grown out of other car seat. When a child reaches his maximum height and weight of his age he/she is required to ride in rear-facing position. The car seats can hold plenty of weight considering the age of the child. These seats are used in exceptional cases only. Not all kids grow out of car seats. But some does that’s why these kind of seats are used. However such seats are for single purpose only. Once your baby needs to be moved up to a belt-positioning booster it’s time to get rid of this seat and get a new one.
The seats can be used until your child reaches 40-60 pounds. That’s the maximum weight that toddler seats can hold. However, if you remove the harness and turn it into a belt-positioning booster you can used the toddler seats until your child reaches 80 pounds which is perfectly safe.
There are a lot of factors while buying a car seat. You need to look after many options such as for how long you’re going to need it, the most important thing is about safety, and you have to look after price too. Considering all these factors then you should purchase the right car seat for your baby. So here are some tips on buying any car seat for your child to consider.
- Safety comes first when it you’re purchasing any car seat. However every car seat are safety proof. Now all you need to do is choose the right one for your baby and that fits perfectly with your vehicle.
- For a newborn baby both infant car seats and convertible car seats can be used. Now the choice is really yours. If you choose a convertible car seat it works both as an infant and a convertible seats too. A convertible car seat can be used in rear-facing and then turned towards the front too. And it is safe too.
- Before spending much money on an expensive car seats we suggest you to go through reviews of the products. See how other parent feel about the product.
- And last but not the least make sure you register for the manufacturer’s warranty to ensure the contact list for safety purposes and other information.