While purchasing any car seat we should put our first top priority for the child’s safety. Only then we should consider to look after other factors to consider while purchasing any car seat. Now there are a lots of car seats. Different types, different brands in which all of them have different features and are unique in their own ways. As a parent it is our job to keep our baby safe while we’re driving. With proper use of car seats we can avoid accident and keep our baby safe.
With so many car seats in the market in the present time it’s quite overwhelming choosing the right car seat for your vehicle and your children. As mentioned earlier, before purchasing any car seats we should do some research of the particular product that we’re interested in. Read some review of the products and at same time after purchasing the car seat give yourself enough time to learn how to install the car seat in your car.
However, while buying a car seat it is necessary to see if the car seat is old or has cracks on it. All of these details are very important for your child’s safety. Now taking money into consideration, from my point of view getting a cheaper car seat is no harm. There are a lot of car seats in the market with different price tag on each seats. Some are cheaper and some are expensive but all of them are tested and are completely safe. Now it’s up to you to, if you can afford an expensive car seat you can go for it as it will have too many features whereas if you cannot afford an expensive one buy a cheaper one which is also good but with much less features on it.
So here are some cheap car seats that I’d prefer every parents to look into:
- EvenfloStratos 65 Convertible Car Seat, Boulder: This car is unarguably eye catching. I’d prefer every parents to have a lot at. Costing at only $114.99 the ultimate goal is to keep the child safe and comfortable as the baby grows into it. The car seat goes both rear facing and forward facing for safety purpose. At this rate the car seat comes with an advanced e3 Triple-layer foam technology. This helps in the impact crash reducing 50% of the crash energy and protect the child. At the same time this car seat is easy install making it very reliable for the parents.At such a low rate this car seat consist lots of amazing features which makes it one of the best product of Evenflo. So here are some specification on both rear facing position and forward facing position. The rear facing position can be used for children from 5 to 40lbs whereas forward facing position can be used for children that are 20 to 65 lbs. And the children are perfectly safe as they are safely harnessed as they grow. The seat consists of built-in ventilation channels allowing a smooth air-flow to your child. There are six harness position with a 5 position adjustable headrest. The car seat’s pad can be easily removed for machine-washing so there’s no problem in this area. As there are a lot of complaints regarding this problem. The installation for this car seat is quite easy due to Sure Safe installation guide. So without any further ado there are some pros and cons of EvenfloStratos 65 convertible car seat.
– The first advantage is good price without a doubt.
– Its easy to adjust, plenty of room and is totally safe.
– The car seat is to clean so is the height adjustable straps.
– It is very easy to install, there’s absolutely nothing that can go wrong.
– The automatic tightening latch buckles are quite a problem as customer finds it easy when it’smanual.
– The cup holder could’ve been better.
– The straps are harder to buckle and unbuckle at the same time.
- EvenfloLiteMax 35 Infant Car Seat:As this is an infant car seat it can used for only rear-facing position like most of the Infant Car seat does. This car seat is one of the best infant car seat which cost you only $99.99. The car seat is the best for a newborn with its versatility and is totally safe. In addition the car seat has passed all the necessary federal safety standards tests. The seat is not only comfy for child but also comes in handy for parents. They can carry the seat along with the child because the seat is light and easy to carry.So here are some features of LiteMax Infant Car seat. The seat is designed to maximum comfort with ergo handle with a lightweight design. The seatbelt is now easy and accurate thanks to belt lock-off. There’s a four position up front multi position recline making it very comfortable for child. The body and head pillow are removable and is easy to wash. The car seat is designed avoiding crash damage with structural integrity at energy levels of approx. 2x. Here are some pros and cons of EvenfloLiteMax Infant Car seat:
– The head of the baby is protected from both sides.
– It is safe and sturdy.
– The car seat is really light.
– The 5 point harness provides a lot of options.
– Although it is light the car seat is big for some cars’ back seat.
– It gets difficult to level after your child is over 20lbs.
- Evenflo Tribute LX Convertible Car Seat:This convertible car seat does the job of infant car seats perfectly. With only $59.99 you can get this amazing convertible car seat. The convertible car seat provides you with variety of options. It comes with safety, comfort for your child including a perfect fit to your vehicle with top notch side impact protection. As we all know that convertible car seats can be used for a longer period of time so does this car seat. It is designed to grow along with your child. You can use it rear-facing for your infant then use it as forward-facing after he/she gets older.This car seat even fits perfectly in your vehicle with side impact protection alongside. Not to mention there are up front harness adjustment for your kid’s comfort with a four shoulder strap positions. Here’s the weight and height specification for rear and forward facing position. The minimum weight for rear facing position is 5 pounds and maximum weight limit is 40 pounds. The height specification goes this way: Minimum height is 19 inches and Maximum height is 37 inches. For forward facing position the minimum weight is 22 pounds and maximum weight is 40 pounds with minimum height required is 28 inches and maximum height is 40 inches. Here are some pros and cons of Evenflo Tribute LX Convertible Car Seat:
– Easy to install both rear-facing and forward-facing position.
– The car seat very safe with five-point harness plus it is side impact tested.
– The seat are comfortable and it’s easy to remove and put on too.
– Although it can be used for an infant baby, I’d suggest not to use if your baby cannot support their neck.
– The cup holder is a bit fragile.
- Cosco Apt 50, Black Arrows:Just like any other convertible car seats this car seat can also be used for a longer period of time. The car seat can be used in both positions rear and forward. You can use the car seat until your baby is 50 pounds or less. The new cosco apt 50 comes with a lot of flexibility and only for $67.48. At such price it is not much of a bargain. So here are some key features of this car seat. As mentioned earlier it can be used both ways rear and forward. So here’s the weight limit for both positions. The weight limit for both rear facing and forward facing is 40 pounds and 50 pounds respectively.The seat contains of Side Impact Protection helping to keep the baby safe from impact. The baby can grow into the seat due to its six harness heights with three buckle locations. Another great feature of this car seat is that it is certified to use on aircraft too. You can clean the seat without any difficulty thanks to easy to clean car seat pad. Let’s list out some pros and cons of the car seat:
– It is incredibly easy to install and light so that you can carry around with you.
– It is easy to clean.
– There’s plenty of room to grow.
– The strap system is not good, it tends to fall sown.
– The harness strap is hard to unbuckle.
– Although it is easy to install it is not quite easy to get it out.
Using a secondhand car seat or used car seat?
The main purpose of car seats are the ensure safety of your child. When it comes on using an old borrowed seat or buying a secondhand car seat we should be very careful. From my opinion it’s a big no to secondhand car seat. However if you choose to use a secondhand you should be very careful of what you choose. You cannot be 100% sure about the condition of the car seat whether it’s been in a crash or whether it’s expired or is it damaged? It is the safety of your child we’re talking about over here. As a parent the first top priority should be the child’s safety then only other factors should be taken into consideration.
That being said not all secondhand or used car seats are useless. Infact while choosing an old car seat there are a lot of things you should check into before purchasing an old or secondhand car seat. These are what you need to know if you’re planning on purchasing a secondhand car seat:
- Check the crash history. This is the most important factor while even thinking of using an old car seat. Even the manufacturer suggests not to use the car seats involved in any crash incident. A crash can damage the car seat in many ways in which some aren’t even visible. In such case it is very important to know because even a minor damage can change effectiveness of the car seat.
- Study the car seat’s history from the seller. Make sure you buy the car seat from an original buyer who has the history of the car seat itself. Don’t buy it from a third hand user as he/she cannot provide all the history information.
- Check the expiry date of the car seat. And yes even the car seat has an expiry date. To check the expiry date you should have all the necessary information of the manufacturer and model of the car seat. You can find the model name and number on the car seat where the manufactured date is located. If you have difficulty finding the date whatsoever make sure you call the manufacturer directly. Usually the car seat expiration date is after 6 years. It is very important to consider the fact that the car seat is old or not. Because they are made of plastics. As we all know the plastic gets delicate as they get old making the car seat very fragile and risking the life of your child. So a big no if you are considering buying an old car seat close to expiry date.
- Check all the parts of the car seats to if they’re working fine. While purchasing a secondhand car seat get the owner’s manual from the buyer. Check all the parts that are mentioned on the manual and the car seat itself. See for the missing parts, cracks or any kind of damage. If you find any I suggest you to buy a new one.