When it comes to choosing the right car seat its quite overwhelming.The car seat should be chosen considering all necessary factors such as your child’s age, weight and height. While choosing the right car seat then only your baby’s safety is guaranteed. The possible best car seat for your baby is the one that fits your baby perfectly and not to forget whether the car seat fits on your car too. Even if you find the perfect car seat for your child in some point you’ll have to move your child to another one. There’s another overwhelming job for parents to do. So to ensure your child’s safety here we’re discussing about the safest car seat for your baby and guide for your child’s safety.
Basically while choosing a car seat we parents should be only concerned about the safety of the child because that’s all that matters. Different car seats provide different safety feature. It is necessary to get a car seat according to the baby’s height and weight. I have seen many parents getting car seat according to the baby’s age. Well, that is not the way to choose a car seat. The car seat should be chosen not according to your baby’s age. It should be chosen considering your child’s height and weight.
Your child needs different car seat to keep them safe. So from the start or say infant, the babies need to start with a rear facing position. Since that’s the safest position for the infant’s neck and spine keeping in mind they cannot support their head yet. After they are big enough, you can change their position to forward. Now as the baby grow into the car seat you’ll need to choose the car seat accordingly to the baby’s weight and height. So choosing a car seat isn’t that easy now is it? However, for a new born baby the infant car seat is the best option as they face in rear position which is the safest for an infant. You can keep you baby on it as long as you baby outgrows the seat. Now you can change the car seat and use convertible car seats which can be used as both infant car seats too. Convertible car seats provides a lot of options and is long lasting. You can use the seats both ways rear facing and forward facing position too. So while choosing a car seat you don’t necessarily need to use car seat accordingly. For example first off an infant car seat then convertible car seat and then switch to toddler car seat. Well, if you choose the right car seats you can use only one of them for a long period of time. Because a convertible car seat can work as many car seats.
In this post I’ll be discussing on which car seats are the safest on my opinion and some tips on choosing the best possible safest car seat. Choosing a safest car seat can be very difficult because a safest car seat should be a perfect to your baby and your vehicle too. Even so if you purchase a safest car seats it should fit your child and your vehicle. So here are some tips to consider while choosing a safe car seat for your child.
- Choose a car seat that fits perfectly in your vehicle.
First thing to do is browse through your vehicle and study the vehicle’s user manual. Any car seats can be installed in different ways either by a seat belt or the LATCH system. So make sure you know where the LATCH attachments are. So considering how you choose to install the car seat find the best possible car seat for your car and baby.
- Get clear instructions on the car seat.
Installing a car seat is a pretty hectic job to do. Even if you manage to install the car seat into the vehicle there’s a possibility that it’s installed incorrectly. So when you purchase a car seat make sure you get all the instruction booklet of the car seat along with diagram on the seats itself allowing you to install the seat correctly and efficiently. Although if you have any problem or doubt you can call a CPS technician to check in for you.
- Choose a car seat compatible for your child’s age, height and weight.
Most of the parents tend to select car seats according to their child’s age. Although age also should be kept into consideration while purchasing a car seat it is very important to get a car seat of your child’s weight and height.
- Get an effective and approachable harness adjuster.
The harness sole purpose is save the baby from the impact of crash. So we should make sure the harness is adjustable. It should be easy to use and simple to reach.
- Check for room on your back seat of your car.
The measurements of your car’s back seat is very important before you buy a car seat. Do not buy a car seat which hardly fits on your car even if the seat is the safest out there. It is not safe as long as it does not fit perfectly on your vehicle.
- Choose a car seat which is easy to clean.
Cleanliness is also a kind of safety. Choose a car seat which is easy to clean or you can take out the seat easily and later put it back on easily. It is important because the car seat’s seat are hard to clean because most of them are made of textured fabric such as corduroy which in times is very hard to clean. The seat made of smooth fabric in the other hand is easy to clean.
So these are some tips to be observed before buying a car seat for your child. Now getting along on choosing the right and safest car seats. I will list out some safest car seats and liked by a lot of parents. If you’re looking to buy one of the safest car seat out there in the market checkout my list below:
- Safety 1st Grow and Go 3-in-1 Convertible Car Seat: This is a convertible car seat which is considered as one of the safest car seats too. As this is a convertible car seat without a doubt you child can grow into it because convertible car seats are built to grow. The car seat provides both safety and comfort to your child. The car seats can be used rear facing position, forward facing position and also booster mode. So this car seat pretty much does the job of different kinds and stages of a car seat.
Here are the weight specification for different car seat position. The Grow and Go can used facing rear position from 5 to 40 pounds which means the car seat can also be used for an infant. In the forward facing mode the weight limit is 22 to 65 pounds. However the harness holders keep the harness in an open position in both rear and forward facing position. After your child outgrows forward facing position you can use the Grow and Go 3-in-1 Car Seat in the booster mode which can be used from 40 to 100 pounds.
Here are some features of Grow and Go 3-in-1 convertible car seat. The car seat comes with a side impact protection with harness holders. The QuickFit harness allows you to adjust both harness and headrest for your baby’s comfort. The seat can be used in three different ways but still it takes less space than other car seat. IT provides up to 7 inches of extra room in the front. Here are some pros and cons of the car seat.
– The cup holders are fantastic.
– The seat are very comfortable and sturdy. Easy to take it off.
– The installation is a bit of work.
– The Straps don’t separately adjust.
– The LATCH system is not reliable as it is very hard to tighten resulting in unmovable seat.
- Eddie Bauer XRS 65 Convertible Car Seat: This car seat is one of the most comfortable car seat you can get for your child. The convertible car seat can be used in two positions rear facing position where the weight limit is 5-40 pounds whereas forward facing position is 22-65 pounds. The car seat is designed in such a way that it’s compatible for both large and small cars without occupying such space.
The car seat has 5 point harness with up front adjustment along with 3 different buckle locations and 5 harness heights. The car has an adjustable head support which helps the child’s comfort. The car seat has side impact protection for much more safety. Your baby can grow into the car very comfortably because of the 5 point harness and upfront adjustment. The car seat is easy to install. You can simply use LATCH system for easy and quick installation. Here are some pros and cons of Eddie Bauer XRS 65 Convertible Car seat.
– The Car seat fits perfectly both rear and forward positions.
– The price is affordable.
– The car seat is well padded and light at the same time.
– Hard to tighten the straps.
– The latches are difficult to use.
- Evenflo Sonus Convertible Car Seat: Amongst many other convertible car seats apparently Evenflo Sonus Convertible Car Seat has the highest life span. For a better fit option this car seat has got six shoulder harness positions. As a convertible car seat it can be used both rear facing position and forward facing position too. The minimum weight for rear facing position is 5 pounds whereas the maximum weight is 40 pounds. Likewise for forward facing position the minimum weight is 22 pounds and maximum weight is 50 pounds.
The latch of the car seat is quite compatible which makes the seat flexible. There’s a detachable head pillow for more comfort option for the baby. For travelling experience and comfort, Sonus has a revolutionary air flow ventilation working as temperature regulator despite the climate. Furthermore Sonus meets FAA inversion requirements for airplanes allowing you to carry it with you while travelling for vacations or holidays. Here are some pros and cons of Evenflo Sonus Convertible car seat.
– Easy to install
– Not too expensive considering its features.
– It isn’t too big. You can easily carry around it with you.
– While facing backwards there isn’t much room for long legs.
– Sometimes it tends to move when not installed properly.
- Peg Perego Primo Viaggio Convertible, Crystal black: One of the safest and best convertible car seats which as all convertible car seat can be used both rear and forward facing position. The car seat is both fashionable and comfortable and it the same time it is totally safe. Safety features such as Side Impact Protection (SIP) is added. In addition it protects the baby’s head, spine and neck with easy adjusting 10 different positions.Expanded Poly Styrene (EPS) and a Shock Absorbing Foam Element (SAFE) is added strictly for the child’s safety. The car seat is designed to keep the child in the rear facing position longer. As long as your child does not reach the maximum height or weight for the seat you don’t necessarily need to change the position.
The rear facing position can be used from 5 pounds to 45 pounds whereas forward facing position’s weight range is from 22 pounds to 65 pounds. The new LATCH is adjustable and is easy to reposition rear facing and forward facing installation. Here are some Pros and Cons of Peg Perego Primo Viaggo Convertible Car seats.
– It is safe and comfortable.
– The car seat reclines perfectly.
– The head rest is not too deep allowing the baby to get a better window view.
– Considering the new features it is very expensive.
– All of the other features are astonishing. However, the cup holder quality is a bit low.
– The car seat is quite heavy.